Sunday, November 27, 2011

Easy Fried Vermicelli (BeeHoon Goreng)

Right now I'm so into this game I found on facebook that I don't want to spend too much time preparing for my food LOL. This recipe is perfect for such times.. you know when you're occupied with other .. things :), when you need some easy to make recipes. It's great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or supper... This recipe took me probably about 1/2 hour, and most of the time spent was on preparing the ingredients.

I'm using Rice Vermicelli for this recipe. If you don't have BeeHoon around, you can substitute the noodle with those cellophane noodles or Tunghoon.. I always have BeeHoon around .. it's dry, can be kept for a long time, and it's easy to cook.You may substitute it with yellow noodle.. but only if you absolutely have to.. :p

The recipe below is for 2-3 persons. But I can finish it all on my own thank you very much.. I guess that's why I look the way I am now.... :p

Ingredients:

3 cups of rice vermicelli (blanched in hot water for 1 minute and no more)
onion - sliced
2-3 cloves garlic - minced
3 tbsp chili paste (blend your favorite chili into a paste - I simply used chili boh)
3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
2-3 tbsp water
Some celery leaves & spring onions - chopped
salt
pepper
3 tbsp oil for cooking

for garnishing - a one egg omelet - sliced thinly

Method:


  1. Heat the wok. It's easier to use the wok to make this dish. Add in oil. 
  2. Once the oil is heated through, add sliced onions. On medium heat, cook onions until they are translucent. Add garlic. Keep stirring and make sure that the garlic doesn't burn. 
  3. Add chili paste. Let simmer for 1 minute .. add all the other sauces - sweet soy sauce, ketchup and also water. 
  4. Let the sauce simmer for 1 minute, add the blanched beehoon. Make sure the beehoon is well coated with the sauce. Add salt, and pepper to taste. 
  5. Turn heat low, and keep stirring. Add the celery leaves and spring onions. Stir well. We'd like to have that fresh taste the two ingredients give to this dish. When the sauce is fully seeped into the beehoon, turn off heat. 
  6. Serve with egg :)

Cooked Beehoon goreng with egg :)


Enjoy cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment