Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sardine Rolls for brunch :)

my brunch with a grande cup of
hazelnut white coffee:)
It's Sunday, and you have half a loaf of Gardenia bread that's supposed to have expired about a week ago in the fridge, so what's a girl to make? Sardine Rolls of course. I always have a small can of sardine in the pantry. For rainy days.. actually more like days like this when I don't feel like creating a buffet of dishes.. or simply felt like having easy snack like foods like this.

Since I already had an egg-milk mixture leftovers from the mini quiches I made for YM aunty yesterday... All I needed was to make the sardine rolls filling. It doesn't really matter how you want to shape the rolls.. I made it into a roll because I prefer it rolled. Some just make it in the triangle shapes. If it's in the triangular shape, then you need not roll the bread first with rolling pin. Simply cut it into triangles and sandwich the sardine mixture. That'll do. But that's no fun ;p



Ingredients:

Sardine mixture
1 can of Sardine (small can will make about 6-7 rolls)
onion (small - sliced thinly)
bird chili (I used 2 small one and sliced thinly for heat)
1-2 tbs lemon/lime juice (this to get rid of that sardine smell)

2 eggs (beaten) + a bit of salt
6-7 slices of white bread (rolled with rolling pin - or just use the back of the pan, lined and smack the bread)
oil for frying



Method:


  1. Mix all the ingredients for sardine mixture together. I personally drained the tomato sauce in the sardine because I don't it to be too liquidy, thus absorbed by the bread and it becomes soggy. Plus it smells fishy.. :( Mash it up so the sardine is broken into smaller pieces.
  2. Roll the bread with a rolling pin. Or if you don't have any rolling pins, use the back of your frying pan. Smack your bread with the back of your frying pan. Line it first though :p. This will make the bread easier to roll :)
  3. Heat oil. I heated the pan first and then added the oil so the oil heats up quickly.
  4. Take about a spoonful and a half of the sardine mixture and put it on the rolled bread. Just spread it on 1/3 of the bread. Roll it over.
  5. Dip the rolled bread into the eggs and use the eggs to seal the bread.
  6. Fry the roll in the heated oil until golden brown.


hehe my rolls.. a lil more brown than golden but who cares? :p 

No comments:

Post a Comment