Sunday, December 18, 2011

Easy Chocolate Pistachio Sultana Fudge


cut into little squares and keep in freezer. 

it tastes heavenly! 
I have a breakfast tweetup on Saturday and I thought I should probably bring something for the tweetup. Someone once told me it's polite to bring something if you go to someone's house.. and I've tried to that everytime ever since. I wasn't usually like this. haha :p but now it feels like a necessary thing to do.. :) At first I thought of buying some fruits or something.. as the main menu is Nasi Lemak.. but ermm.. that'd be boring. LOL. Then of course I flipped through Nigella Lawson's magical recipe book.. Nigella Express.. and I saw the Chocolate Pistachio Fudge recipe. It's so easy only the ingredients are quite expensive. But it's fudge. I doubt people would go for seconds. It's too sweet. Right? ermm.. I hope so. hihihi :D

I added some sultanas as I still had some in the fridge. I bought already shelled roasted pistachios. Definitely more expensive but it saves time.. and energy by like a mile. I am not sure if we can substitute the nuts.. why don't you try and tell me about it..? :D

I've altered the recipe a bit. The recipe can be found here.. :)

Ingredients

350g Chocolate Buttons
3/4 can condensed milk (1can = 505g)
30g butter
150g Pistachios
a handful sultanas
salt

Method

  1. Put the Chocolate Buttons, condensed milk, butter and salt in the pan at low heat and stir until melt. 
  2. Chop the nuts. I did what Nigella did. I put them in a bag, and bash them with a rolling pin. Not only it makes you feel great, it gives the nuts different textures.. :) cool :D
  3. Add the nuts and sultanas into the chocolate and condensed milk mixture and mix well.
  4. Pour the mixture into a foil tray (23cm square) and smooth the top.
  5. Let the fudge cool and then put it into the refrigerator to set. Once set, cut into squares.
  6. Keep the squares in the freezer. TO be eaten cold! 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment