Friday, December 30, 2011

Very Fluffy Donuts :)


I eat them as is :D
When I first moved into my apartment, among the first things I learned how to make was these fluffy donuts. I learned how to freeze them and gave them to my sisters.. My nieces love them so I bought this really tiny donut mold and have been making frozen fluffy donuts since. :)

They are perfect for tea.. late night supper... those unexpected guests.... They are so darn easy to make.. but they take a bit of time to make as the recipe calls for yeast and you need time to let it rise.. but the result is very fluffy donuts.. who wouldn't want that? :D

I usually fry the donuts and eat as it is. My nieces do that also.. but feel free to sprinkle with icing sugar.. or dip it in chocolate.. ;) it uses condensed milk.. but you may substitute it with milk plus a bit of sugar. :)

Ingredients:

1kg flour
11g instant yeast (1 pkt)
2 tablespoon condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
550g water (room temperature)
oil for frying


Method:


  1. Mix salt, milk and water. Use water at room temperature only.
  2. Mix yeast and flour well. 
  3. Add oil to the flour mixture well until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. 
  4. Add the milk mixture to the oil-flour mixture and mix them well. It will become a very moist and sticky dough but no problem. Knead a bit and let it rest for 15-20 minutes
  5. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes. Add flour if necessary. Not too much or the donuts will be tough if too much flour is used. 
  6. If you have a donut mold, roll the dough on a floured surface to about 1 cm thickness and cut out using the mold. Let it rest on floured plate before frying it. 
  7. Otherwise divide the dough into mini balls. Press the dough balls and make holes using your finger. 
  8. Fry the donuts until light brown. 
  9. To freeze the donuts, fry the donuts quickly to stop the yeast from rising. Cool them and keep them in a tightly sealed container. Freeze them. It can last for a long time in the freezer. Defrost them completely before frying :D


Lightly fried so I can freeze them :)
Easy peasy...  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment