Thursday, December 15, 2011

Seared Madras Fish & Green Beans with Peanuts & Shallots

I now love green beans.. like seriously! 
Wow.. it's been a while huh? I haven't done much cooking the past week or so.. I've gained too much weight :p Anyway, to make up for the missing days.. I'll put up 2 recipes. They are actually recipes from my favorite chefs on AFC, Nigella Lawson and Laura Calder. :) I saw Laura Calder made her green beans recipe and I thought.. urghh who eats green beans! yucks.. I know right? but this recipe is to die for. It's sooo good! She used hazelnuts but ermm.. it's expensive. Peanuts are cheaper. I used that ;) The other recipe I found in Nigella's book, Nigella Express. It's called Madras Fish for a reason. It uses MAdras curry powder .. I didn't have any. Didn't even know what that was until I saw some sold at Cold Storage. So I changed the recipe a bit. Used the normal fish curry powder instead. I used some kind of white fish .. I have no idea what it was. LOL but I guess any of your favorite fish would do. Just make sure that the fish is defrost thoroughly and doesn't smell. if it does wash it with turmeric juice. that should do it. Nigella used Salmon .. and fried it using garlic infused oil. Don't worry if you don't have it.. hahaha :) I used vegetable oil.

Seared Madras Fish (inspired by Nigella Lawson)

Ingredients:

white fish
2-3 tbsp fish curry powder
salt, pepper
oil for frying

Method


  1. Mix the curry powder, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Rub the mixture on the fish thoroughly. 
  2. Heat the pan with oil and cook the fish on high heat for 2-3 minutes a side. Sear the sides if the fish is too thick. 
  3. Serve on a plate. 


Green beans with Peanuts and Shallots

Ingredients:

Green Beans
2-3 tbsp fried peanuts (chopped)
2 shallots (minced)
salt, pepper
lemon juice to taste
1 tbsp olive oil

Method:


  1. Boil the green beans in salted water until tender. Drain and rinse in cold running water to set color. 
  2. Heat oil in skillet. Add the shallots for 1 minute.
  3. Toss in the green beans until heated through
  4. Add salt and pepper. Squirt a bit of lemon juice. Remove from heat
  5. Toss in the chopped peanuts. 
  6. Serve with the madras fish. 



Madras Fish & Green Beans with Peanuts & Shallots
It's so elegant and so easy that no one would know you spent less than half hour to make this dish ;) Have fun in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment